Sunday, March 30, 2008

The only ones whose troubles that are behind them are school bus drivers.

I got up early to meet the bus from Christchurch to Te Anau for another 10 hour trip. The bus driver spoke frequently about the various sights along the way throughout the entire journey, however I mostly used the time to listen to my "The Count of Mote Cristo" audio book but was still able to see a lot of eastern New Zealand.

I arrived in Te Anau around 7:15PM and checked into the hostel before taking the boat to check out the glowworm caves. It was dark, so I really could not enjoy the beauty of the surrounding mountains. the cave experience was a bit too short to really enjoy, but was a different experience. We walked along several catwalks before getting to the boat in which we loaded up and were hand pulled by chains into the darkness. the big draw were the glowworms which had a luminescent effect such that the ceiling resembled a starry night.




No comments: