Saturday, March 08, 2008

Californication

After sleeping in for a little bit and doing a final repack, I headed into downtown LA to visit another site that had interested me for a while, the La Brea Tar Pits. this is a collection of tar pits that have been seeping from the ground and is so sticky that many pre-historic animals (such as saber cats) were trapped and preserved from the asphalt-like material. I walked around the museum for a while to check out some of the recovered artifacts and interpretive displays. After walking around for a while I headed to Hollywood to briefly hit the Walk of Fame and grab a bite to eat. It was interesting to people watch for a bit including some guy dressed as a ninja/samurai concoction dragging a skateboard on a rope. I returned my rental car and went through security to prepare for my big adventure!






No comments: