Thursday, March 06, 2008

Going to the lands down under!

I have been planning this trip for a long time. As of Friday, March 7th I will be on my way to Australia and New Zealand for a 6 week experience of a lifetime. I'm not taking a laptop, so I'm going to pretty much be out of touch for the duration of the trip until my return around April 23rd. This trip will involve 3 days of diving off a liveaboard out of Cairns, hitting the Milford and Routeburn tracks (two of the highest rated hikes in the world), bungee jumping from a 400' platform, river surfing, mountain biking, glacier hiking, kayaking a lake with mile high mountains on either side, and whatever else I can fit in.

Here is my schedule for those that care:

Los Angeles, CA - Mar 7-8
Due to international dateline, March 9 2008 does not exist for me as I take off at 8pm from LAX on March 8th and land at 8AM March 10th in Sydney.

Australia

  • Sydney - Mar 10-12
  • Hash bus tour out of Brisbane - Mar 12-20
  • Gold Coast - Mar 13
  • Currumbin, Minjungbal - Mar 14
  • Byron Bay - Mar 15
  • Mount Warning hike - Mar 16
  • Night Cap National Park, Minyon falls - Mar 17
  • Byron Bay - Mar 18
  • Brisbane area - Mar 19-20
  • Perth (Interhash 2008) - Mar 20 - 24
  • Diving on the liveaboard Taka on the Great Barrier Reef out of Cairns) - Mar 25 - 28
  • Cairns - Mar 29

New Zealand

  • Christchurch to Te Anua Downs - Mar 29 - Apr 2
  • Milford Track - Apr 2 - 5
  • Milford Sound - Apr 5 - 7
  • Routeburn track - Apr 8 - 11
  • Traveling south island (maybe north island?) - Apr 11 - 23rd

LA, CA - April 23
Back to Tampa - April 24

If there is anything important, then send it to my Gmail account and I'll try to check it whenever I get near an Internet cafe or couchsurf. I'll be sure to try a Vegemite sandwich and see what that darn song really meant by it. It has been bugging me since the 80s, so now I can find out.

On - On

No comments: