Sunday, March 30, 2008

Cult: The church up the street from yours.

I slept until about 10 o'clock in the morning which made this the latest I would get up during the entire trip, but I definitely needed the rest. The hostel in which I had stayed last night was the Jailhouse Accommodation that was a jail in Addington, just outside Christchurch city limits. It was converted to a hostel while maintaining the theme. Though the room was expectedly sparse, it was pretty much all I needed. After a shower and a few pictures, I headed towards town. Christchurch is know as the 'Garden City' so my first stop was to spend some time in the huge botanical park. I thoroughly enjoyed walking through the park and all the different sections, greenhouses, and displays. There were a lot of beautiful places around here to experience during the perfect day weather.

After walking the gardens I checked out the Christchurch Canterbury Museum for a while (nice in that I could drop off my pack for a short time) before heading into downtown Christchurch. I was able to get a room at the Base X hostel and spend the rest of the afternoon walking around the city. After talking to some roommates for a while in the evening, we had a few drinks in the downstairs bar before I had to get some rest due to an early morning wake-up to catch my bus.
















No comments: