Sunday, July 15, 2007

Flat feet are arch enemies.

Since it was pretty darn hot yesterday I was up relatively early and one of the first on the 7.2 mile Devil's Garden Trail of Arches National Park. Photography is always best with the morning sun, so I was able to get in some nice shots along the trail. I decided to hike to its termination to see as much as possible as it seems a lot of people just get to Landscape Arch before returning. The trail was really nice with a lot of arches and other geological features. I really enjoyed the fin canyons and had a great time climbing around the sandstone walls and boulders and was glad to have completed the entire trail. I did a few more of the trails and even took a nap for about an hour under one of the large arches as I was pretty hot and exhausted, but was quite refreshed when done. After leaving Arches I headed to Dead Horse Point State Park where I met up with Amy and her friend. We cooked dinner and at overlooking a grand chasm during a wonderful sunset overlook the Colorado River.











Nature is sexy!








No comments: