Friday, July 20, 2007

def: Capitol punishment - It is what Congress inflicts on the public.

Today I hit Hite and Glen and Bullfrog in the Glen Canyon Recreational Area to pick up some NPS stamps as I was passing through on my way to Capitol Reef National Park. Capitol Reef had a lot of petroglyphs as well carved into the rock walls of the area. There were also several old orchids that early settlers had planted which were still active so that visitor could pick apples, plums, and such on their own. There were several nice deep canyon drives around that I was able to enjoy before I started seeing raid clouds on the horizon and decided to head out before something like a flash flood would get show up. Besides the orchids, there were several old uranium mines that spotted the area. After leaving it was on to my way to Grand-Staircase and some canyoning adventures.














No comments: