Monday, July 23, 2007

Love is grand ... Divorce is twenty grand.

I hit the north rim of the Grand Canyon early this morning to take advantage of some of the light as well as do a few more trails and some of the overlooks away from the lodge. It drizzled just a little bit, however the weather in all was really nice. This side of the canyon is considerably busy than the lower south rim. I had an inkling of hiking from rim-to-rim just to be able to say I did it, but it would take three days of hiking and two nights to safely do it, so I figured it was best to enjoy the views I had, especially considering what the heat would have been in July. I instead headed out once again towards the Glen Canyon Dam. I made a quick stop near the Navajo Bridge for a few pictures and again along the highway on the way up to watch a passing storm for a while. The tour for the dam was only operating on the top (nothing was going inside that day), so it didn't take long to see everything. While in the visitor center, a torrential downpour started. The canyon walls nearby suddenly turned into numerous waterfalls that were all high, and powerful. Had they been active during other times of the year they would be among the highest in the US I would guess.










No comments: