Monday, July 02, 2007

If you don't care where you are, you aren't lost.

I have just about a day left before I head of for my 4 week trip to the mid-west. That pretty much means that I really should start packing and getting everything together that I think I just might need.

So far my plans are to fly into Las Vegas late on the 4th (should be neat to see the fireworks as I fly overhead in the evening). I'm still working on my route, but I'm going to be hitting as many National Parks, Monuments, Preserves, and Recreational Areas as I can such as Yellowstone, Zion, Bryce, Mesa Verde, Grand Canyon, Archs, Canyonlands, Grand Teton, etc. Right now I'm looking at putting in over 3,000 miles on my rental car in 26 days. Yeah, I'm going to go through a lot of audio books (though the last Harry Potter won't be released until the 21st! grrrrr) while on the road.

I'll have my laptop on the road, though it'll mostly be used for navigation, backing up my music, watching movies on the plane, etc. I'll try to log-in on occasion, however I really will not have much time to answer emails and such.

In the last days, I'll play around Vegas since I have a ticket to both 'O' and the new show 'Ka', both Cirque du Soleil shows. I'll be back early on the 31st with only a few days to catch up before I'm of again.

I plan to update my blog whenever I can and hope to be able to post GPS tracks and pictures if I can find a decent Internet connection. I'm sorry for not replying as quickly as I have been recently. This traveling thing is tough!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Hope you have an awesome time!! :)