Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pentium: A CPU aspiring to be a blast furnace.

After a good night's sleep I got everything packed away and headed away from Queenstown for the last time and toward Mt. Aspiring National Park. Just outside of town I picked up a couple of locals, Kermit and Kat, that were hitching a ride to a particular pub in Cardrona, an old gold mining town, along the way just for fun for the day. I might have merely passed this place had it not been for the two riders. I stopped with them for a spell to enjoy a nice brew outside at the old hotel/restaurant/bar. After leaving, I headed to Wanaka, watched a lovely sunset across the lake while cooking dinner, and drove by Puzzle World just to check out the architecture. Once it got dark I headed towards Mt. Aspiring, passing countless sheep, cattle, and rabbits, until I was pretty exhausted and pulled near a river just before a roadway water crossing to finally crash for the night.





No comments: