Friday, October 27, 2006

I got a sweater for Christmas. I wanted a screamer or a moaner.

Last night was a fun little get together for a few friends for the Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream event. My friend Michelle had some family coming up from Sarasota as well as one of her buddies Chelsea. A couple of my hash friends, Kiddie and VC, decided to come after I made an announcement a couple weeks ago about going. I figured Thursday would be the best night to go since the crowds would be low. Most of us met at my house after work since I had the kegerator tapped, hot tub filled, and grill cooking up some ribs and such.

The weather was gorgeous and the crowd was indeed quite light. We had to wait in line for only one of the haunted houses. The shows were pretty nice. I would have some photos to post, but when I took my camera out for the first shot I saw the dreaded 'no memory card' message. Doh! So instead, I'll just throw up a photo I took 3 years ago when I worked at Busch Gardens for the Halloween event one season in early college. We were there until closing around 1 o'clock and everyone had to turn in soon because of work the next day. If you do HOS, definitely try to hit it on a weekday. Though you may be dragging Friday, it works out better in that you can actually get a chance to experience everything. I cannot imagine having to wait in line 1-2 hours for a house and really missing out on everything else.

No comments: