Thursday, October 26, 2006

Paying alimony is like paying installments on a car that has been wrecked.

I have had a few friends recently get into car wrecks. I read this hint a long time ago and still do it; get a cheap one-time use camera and keep it somewhere in your car (under the seat, glove box, etc). If you ever get into an accident, no matter who you think is at fault, use the camera and get shots of everything; the cars, the people involved, the area around the scene showing conditions, any old damaged spots on the other car, etc. The $4 camera can save you thousands of dollars later if the other party makes a claim. Even if you are sure you are at fault, take the pictures. It is cheap, easy, and can save you an incredible amount of grief.

Edit: This was a blog post that I wrote in January that never got published for some reason and was saved as a draft. Anyway, I thought it was still decent advice.

3 comments:

Jason C. Miller said...

That is SUCH GOOD advice it's not even funny. I hate to admit that I'm probably the "friend" that inspired this post. :)

mblitch said...

Nahh, More Sex (the hasher) and even Adrienne were also in recent car wrecks, besides I wasn't going to name names.

Anonymous said...

Hmm...an actual use for that cel phone camera? (I can picture the TV commercial now...raising the bar and keeping you out from behind them...)