Sunday, October 29, 2006

Don't pat certain animals, e.g., crocodiles and scorpions or dogs you have just kicked.

On Friday night I went to the 13 Ugly Men costume party at 'The Underground' in downtown Tampa. This group does a decent sized party every few months and usually has a good turn out of all ages with proceeds going to charity. For Halloween, I was going to dress up at the creepy Burger King guy since I had found a source for the masks used in the commercial, but last weekend I decided to change my costume. Instead, I went at the late Steve Irwin, complete with the khaki pants and short, boots, and stingray. I didn't think it would be completely original, but I did think of it and plan it out before the South Park episode aired on Wednesday. I went to the Fl Aquarium gift shop and picked up the plush stingray toy and sewed it into the shirt and added some theatrical blood. I got a lot of different comments at the parties, but pretty much everyone saw the humor. With his personality, I don't doubt that Irwin would be chuckling about the good natured rub.

The party itself was pretty enjoyable and even though there was a little rain, it really wasn't too cold. I went with a couple of hash friends and had a good time chatting with various people and taking in all of the good costume ideas. We were out until about 3AM or so and were pretty tired, but overall it was good. I had to get up relatively early to go to Lettuce Lake Park for a friend's going away party. Monica got a great job in Atlanta, so will be leaving the Busch Gardens marketing department. She was the one that was nice enough to get me invited on the photo shoot for the Sheikra ride before it opened last year, with one of the pictures even showing up in a brochure. It'll be sad to see her leave, but now at least I might have an extra place to crash next time I head to the mountains for a hiking or whitewater trip. :)

No comments: