Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Statistics show that people with more birthdays live longer.

Well it seems that I have survived 30 years of the world trying to do me in. I had been hoping to have already been in the mountains today, but being sick for a week really put me behind. I had to start packing everything last night and this morning and did not get to leave town until about 3 o'clock in the afternoon with a plan to sleep near where I am going to hike Thursday. After a stop in Gainesville for a little birthday dinner (which took quite a while) at Outback, I was on the road again for a straight shot to Tullulah Gorge in northeast Georgia. Before leaving I downloaded all the maps and coordinates I needed in into the GPS and set up the routes between all the different point that I planned to hit. I loved this little tool as it made things so much easier and it was accurate within about 20 minutes of the estimated time it would take me to arrive and finally got to the park around 2:30AM. After driving around for a short bit I was able to find a place to throw my hammock tent that was out of the way and where I wouldn't be bothered and bedded down for the night.

No comments: