Monday, May 08, 2006

California Raisin arrested - suspect in cereal killings!

Well I have finally booked the flights and made the reservations for the California trip. I'm going to be flying to Los Angeles on July 6 and will be picking up a car from the airport. I'll hang around LA for the afternoon and evening and probably attend the free concert that the Indigo Girls will be putting on at the Santa Monica pier as part of the 'Twilight Concert series'. After that I'll head down to San Diego for the annual RDR (already over 450 people are pre-registered). There may be a couple of extra runs the day or so after and I'm hoping to do a quick trip to Tijuana if I can find anyone interested in going.

Over the next week I'll be heading up the coast and want to check out a few spots such as Joshua Tree National Park, the Napa Valley area with the wineries, and then hit the northern part of the area to visit the redwood forests. I'll be flying out of San Francisco around 9PM on July 18th and will get back home the next day around 9AM. If anyone has advice on any particular things to see, then definitely let me know. I'll be taking the laptop and wireless card (I love open, unsecured networks) so that I can stay connected with folks, research stuff as I need, and download pictures from the camera. I just got a 2GB flash card in today, but suspect that I'm going to need a lot more space than that.

Oh yeah, it is going to be a great summer!

No comments: