Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Curb drunk driving..outlaw cars

After several days of hiking, camping, drinking, and relaxing, I was ready to head back home. I did do a couple of tourist thing in downtown Atlanta and visited the 'World of Coca-Cola' museum as well as take the studio tour of the CNN facilities. The Coke tour was ok and really just had a bit of the history of the product from the start as a counter drink to being bottled with a later change of the trademarked shape. After seeing all the marketing the company has done over the years, there were free samples given at the very end. Sure it was nothing but marketing, but interesting enough to me to be worth a couple of hours.

About 1/4 of the way back home I finished listening to Dan Brown's 'Angels and Demons' as a audiobook that I started soon after leaving Tampa on Wednesday. As my buddy Jason mentioned in his blog, the stories seem to read about the same with very similar theme, female love interest, history, and even twist at the end. Pretty much the entire way I was able to figure what was happening next, but I think it was still well written and was interested in the story. I only made stops for gas and my traditional Dairy Queen dipped ice cream cone (something I get on the tail end of every road trip) and was able to arrive home safely. Overall, it was an incredible weekend. Somehow the timing of everything was able to work out so well and though I was winging most of it, there really wasn't any lull or backtracking. I'm definitely going to try to make the campout next year and hope to be able to plan to similar hiking around that weekend as well.

No comments: