Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Do ex-musicians ever get disconcerted or even decomposed?

My friend Corey and I went to see 'They Might Be Giants' at Jannus Landing in St. Petersburg last night. I remember listening to their album 'Flood' way back in high school and one of my first memories of my new fond freedom of operating a car in high school was going to visit my friend Caroline one evening. She was at a friend's birthday party and called me to see if I was interested in joining. I drove over to James Island and hung out with them for the evening and was even taught (though I cannot remember any of it for the life of me) how to dance to 'Istabul, not Constantinople'. I even took her friend out for a date one evening soon after and went to see 'A Few Good Men' when it was in the theater. Anyway, after that I remember listening to the album a the homes of different friends and thought it was neat to listen to something other than simply mainstream music. I suppose that was my first real taste to alternative music. Who knew that they would be around 15 years later and still churning out stuff? I wasn't able to stay out very late since I had someone (that contacted me through couchsurfing.com) that was visiting from out of town on a Florida vacation that was going to stay at my place for a couple of evenings.

No comments: