Tuesday, October 06, 2009

When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, `Well, what do you need?' -- Steven Wright

Day 28
Olympic National Park, Victoria Canada

I got up early so I could quickly make my way over to Sol Duc Falls for an early hike and get in some last shots of the park before having to reach the auto ferry to Victoria, Canada. This was the second time I had been to the county in nearly as many weeks, the first when I crossed the Rainbow Bridge at Niagara Falls earlier in the trip. After finally clearing customs (and being selected for random screening and having to open everything in the car), I had lunch at a nice brewery restaurant on the water. I drove around town for a bit taking in some of the sites such as the Parliament Building and various architecture. I parked on a waterfront parking area and talked to some SCUBA divers suiting up and learned a bit about the kind of underwater scenery that there was in the area. After driving around a good bit more I headed back into town to get some dinner and a few drinks at some of the local hole-in-the-wall places. Victoria was one of the most beautiful cities I've come across. Clean, well situated, nice people, etc. It is fair to say I was pretty impressed with the area as it kind of reminds me of Charleston in some weird way.


















No comments: