Monday, October 05, 2009

Olympics: Official Sports Marketing Division of Coca-Cola

Day 27
Seattle, Olympic Peninsula

I was up relatively early to get a few pictures and head out before weekday traffic got too bad. I took a few shots of the Freemont Troll and then the art district for a few pics around the statue of Lenin. I headed north and then got my ticket for the auto ferry ride to the Olympic Peninsula on the Edmonds Ferry. While waiting I was able to find a nearby geocache and get in a couple of shots of some passing Boeing airplane fuselages being carried by train. After getting back on land I drove through Port Gamble and some of the other old small company timber towns. After going over the Hood Canal floating bridge, kind of cool in that much of the bridge does indeed float on pontoons and the span retracts to allow for traffic, I headed towards Port Angeles and the Olympic National Park visitor center. I made a quick stop at the Dungeness River Bridge Park for a few pictures. After getting my park stamp, I took a hike to Hurricane Ridge in the park before also checkout out one of the side roads for some pretty stunning vistas. I was able to enjoy watching some of the deer population walk around and get in some decent shots. I wish I had more of my camping gear with me as this park would be an astounding place to visit for a week and do some more serious hiking. I doubt I'll ever really have the chance to come back, but it was worth checking out.


















No comments: