Wednesday, October 07, 2009

If everyone has an axe to grind, then get rich sharpening them.

Day 29
Vancouver

After leaving Victoria I stayed overnight relatively close to the next, and last, auto ferry that would take me to the mainland of Canada and just north of Vancouver. After arriving I headed over to Grouse Mountain to do the famous climb there called the Grouse Grind. This is a tough climb as it involves a 2,800 ascent to the top. Once at the top, I walked around a bit to check out the Grizzly Bear enclosure and various open spaces that are filled with skiers during the snow season. I hopped the gondola back to the parking area and then headed into the main city. After going over the Lion's Gate Bridge, I parked near the hostel where Chris B was staying and grabbed a shower, dinner, and a few drinks while waiting for him to show up.








No comments: