Friday, October 09, 2009

Close to home, feeling so far away

Day 31
Home

Since my flight originated on the last day of the pass, I was still traveling via a red-eye flight to NYC and then a last segment home to Tampa. As far as I know, I was the first person to start utilizing the pass at 6:50AM EDT on the first day of the pass and started my last flight at 11:55 PDT on the last day of the pass. I arrived back home at 11:50 EDT on Oct 9th.

Overall I had 14 different flights, visited 6 different states, 2 other countries (both for the first time), traveled with 4 other people at various times, and made several friendships. Overall it added up to 1 lifetime memory. It was nearly all a great experience. I met and hung out with a lot of good folks and get to see a vast majority of things that I had always wanted to witness. Highlights would be Niagara Falls, Rocky Mountains, Olympic National Park, Victoria, ziplining Costa Rica, and walking the Freedom Trail. I'm not sure if I would do it again if the pass was offered next year since I think there is more of the world I want to see first, but it is definitely something I'll remember for a long time. I do wonder, what is next?

No comments: