Thursday, October 01, 2009

If you cannot take it with you, how are you expected to pay Charon to cross Styx?

Day 22-26:
San Jose

Pretty much another day of travel. We had to take a fairly early start so we could make it by the mid-afternoon auto ferry (my first) off the peninsula and back towards the mainland. Just about we got off the ferry and headed towards San Jose, I started feeling a dry throat and a little achy. I had coordinate the past few days with some ex-Boston hashers that owned a Galileo Hostel in the capital city to set up a whitewater rafting trip, but apparently the stress of traveling and running around finally caught up with me. I subsequently spent the day asleep in bed while my group hit the river. I apparently did miss out too much since the area was in a drought, so there really wasn't much of a river to run, but I'm sure I would have still enjoyed a chance to do something different like that. We flew into Orlando and after settling up all the accounting for the week, parted ways for our own paths. I had an astoundingly good time on this portion of the trip and wouldn't have had nearly as good a time by myself. We each brought something to the trip, got along, and still enjoyed doing our own thing for a while whenever we wanted. My father was kind enough to drive to the Orlando airport to pick me up, so it was nice to be back in the states once again. I definitely needed to sleep in my own bed for a bit, completely wash my gear, and body, and plan the last portions of my trip.



No comments: