Thursday, October 08, 2009

The quality of our thoughts is bordered on all sides by our facility with language.

Day 30
Seattle

After nearly 30 days of traveling, this was my last full day to be a tourist. I stayed near Granville Island overnight in Vancouver and walked around the various shops as they began to open in the morning. I picked Chris B up and we made out way south back towards the US and made a quick stop at a small Canadian town called White Rock for lunch and a drink. When we got to the international border the guard started asking a few various questions; who are you, how did you meet, etc, and merely shook her head as we both jumped into a long-winded explanation of the AYCJ Jetblue pass, our coordinating through Twitter, and such. It was funny to have a large border crossing here with official check points, duty free shops, customs, etc, however we were able to stop, just after passing the security stuff, through at a park just a block away was literally on the border with the only barrier a 3 feet wide ditch and a sign marking the imaginary border boundary.

We headed back through to Seattle where I dropped him off once again near Gasworks Park so we could do out own thing. I headed over to the Experience Music Project for a while. While I enjoy music, I'm not so into the memorabilia, so I was more interested in the science part of the museum. After that building closed down I walked over to get a few pictures of the iconic Space Needle before driving around a bit and visiting the grave site for Bruce and Brandon Lee. after walking through the parks for a while I joined Chris B at a nearby bar doe a last bit of dinner and sushi meal. After finishing up, it was time to head to the airport for some final flights to get home. We were luck enough to be able to book a flight right at 11:55PST so that it would still count as part of the pass, thus giving us a full day in the city.





















No comments: