Sunday, October 04, 2009

How do you know it's summer in Seattle? The rain's warmer.

Day 27
Seattle

Originally Chris B and I were going to travel together again in Seattle, but after a week in Costa Rica and another 3-4 days in Oregon, we decided to just do our own thing. We still had the same flights going in an out already booked, so I gave him a lift in my rental car into downtown Seattle. Once again the Google Maps app on the iPhone made navigation very easy. I could just plug in the site I wanted to visit, such as a particular landmark and it made all the calculations. Chris and I ended up walking around Pike's Market a bit to check out the famous site, had dinner and a few beers before parting ways. Though I didn't realize it at the time, we walked right past the 'original' Starbucks coffee shop and did think it strange that a gaggle of people were having their picture taken in front of a generally nondescript location. I walked around the market for a while and went to the Seattle Central Library to get a few shots before heading to Gasworks Park. This park was a great place to enjoy the sunset and look out over the water onto the cityscape. fortunately I was blessed with clear, though cool skies and never did experience any of the typical dreariness for which the area is known.




















No comments: