Sunday, September 20, 2009

People who want by the mile but try by the inch should be kicked by the foot.

Day 13: NYC - DEN
Denver

After the early morning flight I landed in the mile high club-city of Denver to begin the next adventure. After picking up the car (which was a pretty good distance via shuttle from the airport), I headed downtown to take a look around. I wanted to get in a good run, so fortunately the local hash had one scheduled that afternoon, so I meandered around the city parks a bit taking pictures of some of the nice scenery and even searching for a geocache or two. After a while I made it to the hash start and chatted with folks as they showed up. This, like Portland, was definitely a running hash and trail was a leisurely 4.5 miles, not counting false trails and count backs. The altitude didn't really get to me, but it was the extreme dryness that I forgot was a big part of Denver's climate. I enjoyed meeting the different folks and was fortunate to find the after-party at the hare's home which included a nice cookout. I hung out until it got fairly late and then just car camped at the park near the start.





No comments: