Tuesday, September 22, 2009

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.

Day 15:
Rocky Mountain National Park
Boulder

After getting up in the morning, a bit stiff from the chilly night, Jessica and I relaxed a bit in town while planning out the day's activities. Unfortunately, snowfall had kept the high roads closed, so we would be completely denied the chance to do the scenic drive that I had been wanting to experience. We decided to take on one of the longer loop hikes that went around a bunch of lakes. The next few hours were spent hike up the trails and taking in the views, though after a while I think she got tired of the 'same 'ol amazing views', but overall I think it was well worth it. After finishing off the hikes, we headed into Boulder. When Jessica was traveling in Colombia at the start of her AYCJ trip she met a few people, one of which lived in Boulder. Although he wasn't in town, he offered up the home of a friend of his should we pass through and need a place to crash. After a few e-mails and phone calls, we had a place to stay for the night and crashed with a large group of college kids in a small apartment. The shower felt great as it was the first chance I really had to clean up in several days. I rode with the hosts to pick up some food that we cooked out and enjoyed with about 8-10 various people that filtered in and out of the place. I crashed pretty early, as I tend to do, but we were at least able to get in an early start.

















No comments: