Sunday, July 05, 2009

You can never discard too many bad ideas

After yesterday's weather cancel, I still wanted to get out and do a couple of jumps, so I once again headed to the drop zone. It is pretty slow during the summer, so I could at least get in some reading and relax a bit. Though we couldn't find anyone else to join, Jon and I decided to do a tube exit and then turn a few points, which surprising actually happened more or less according to plan. After packing, I decided to hang around the DZ to enjoy some cheap dinner and drinks (someone bought everyone a case to celebrate their 400th jump for which they got a congratulatory face pieing). Not to waste any remaining sunlight, Jon decided to try something new. The plan was to do some wakeboarding and tubing across the swoop pond using rope, two trucks, and a pulley. This blog's readers (what few there may be if any) should not worry since I am sure all of this was planned out using engineering drafting tools, current hydro-dynamic modeling tables, superior planning, and quality materials. With me driving, we had a dozen or so runs across the pond with varying degrees of success, even getting a few people up on the board and doing turns as they surfed behind the truck.





No comments: