Saturday, July 11, 2009

There is more to running one's life than finding the ON switch.

This morning, prior to getting read to head out for the shuttle launch, I participated in my 3rd official race, the second 5K in the 'Beat The Heat' series put on by Hillsborough County Parks and Recreation. On my first 5K, I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of my final results since I hadn't been in a timeed race since high school. I had been hoping to just get under a 25 minute finish, but I ended up with a relatively decent 23:31.1. I've been doing a good bit more organized training and have been receiving a lot of advice and encouragement from my friends Tom and Veronica, so I was a little more prepared this go-around. It wasn't a drastic improvement or anything, but I was able to come in at a final measurement of 22:44, an improvement of only 47 seconds but at least a personal record.

No comments: