Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What a strange pattern the shuttle of life can weave.

After at least 5 failed launch attempts, the space shuttle got to finally lift off from Kennedy Space Center for its rendezvous with ISS. Being and afternoon and mid-week launch, I couldn't travel over to the east coast, so I had to merely settle for a rooftop viewing from the Channelside Parking garage in downtown Tampa. Timing worked out very well since I was needing to be there for a social event at Splitsville upscale bowling place for a charity event. It was just clear enough to see it climb altitude for 30 seconds or so before disappearing into the haze. I've resolved myself to try to watch every night launch in the future; if not from the Titusville area itself then at least from a good vantage point as I am sure that even on the west coast, the night sky would be absolutely light up.


No comments: