Saturday, February 17, 2007

Red meat is not bad for you, fuzzy blue-green meat is!

I, along with Kiddie and Service, went to Orlando this weekend for their Red Dress Run. I've missed the event in the past since their event is the same weekend as Tampa's in the past, however this year they move it back a weekend due to the biking campout they had last week. We got a late start Saturday and didn't get to the clinic as early as I had hoped since I was taking Kinda to remove the drain tube that was put in last week after the surgery. We decided to just meet with Mammaries at her place and head off to the start since she was a hare and had to get things organized and ready.

People slowly trickled in and we had folks from Naples, Daytona, and even out-of-country hashers join the run. We hit 3 different bars with the last one being a large, and apparently very popular bar/ resort call 'The Parliament House'. We had some food at the end and hung around for a few hours since we had free access to the 'Dreamgirls' show put on by the Footlight Players. I had never seen such a show, but I suppose it was entertaining enough for once, just nothing terribly exciting. I was probably too tired to really get into it, but we did hang out for a while, but the thick smoke really started getting to me and we finally left to crash at the house for the evening. On Sunday we went to the clinic to get Kinda finished up and then had breakfast before heading back to Tampa. I got a call in the afternoon with emergency computer issues at the office and had to go back and deal with that for the evening, so it was a pretty long weekend.

Pics from the weekend can be found here:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=vnlbugz.1pel19rj&x=0&y=354iz3

No comments: