Monday, February 05, 2007

My girlfriend thinks I put football before the relationship even though we just celebrated our third season together.

Yesterday I opened up my house for a Stupor Bowl party that consisted of mostly hashers and some close friends. I set a short running trail in the early afternoon that went through MOSI to the top of the IMAX dome so folks could get a great view of the area. The walkers were sent back to the start while the runners had some additional trail that took them through the Tampa Renaissance Festival grounds and back towards the start for a nice 2.5 mile trail.

Overall about 21-25 people showed up to watch the game and hang out. I donated the space as well as a couple of kegs (both old [but still good] hash beer] and some pizza while most of the attendees really stepped up and graciously provided other food such as chicken, pigs in a blanket, sausages, etc. While it may have gotten a little cramped, more showed up than I was expecting, I think it went well and was quite pleased to see folks have a good time.

No comments: