Sunday, November 19, 2006

Skate softly and carry a big tire iron - Women's Figure Skating Motto

I was suppose to go camping Saturday night, but when I got back from the Orlando party, and after noticing the cold weather forecast, I decided to stay in Tampa. I was checking the local happenings website and noticed that a double-header for the roller derby league was going to be playing. The Tampa Bay Derby Darlins have been playing for only a couple months, but apparently they are already pretty good. I really knew nothing of roller derby other than the few matches I think I saw during the time of American Gladiator oh so long ago. It took a little while to figure out what was going on, but after that it did seem to be a bit more fun. There was a decent local band between the two games, but my body started crashing early, so I decided to take off after the first half of the last game. I thought it was something a bit different to check out and am glad I want, but not sure if I'll end up being much of a spectator in the future.

No comments: