Saturday, November 18, 2006

Friday night I crashed your party. Saturday I said I'm sorry.

Friday night was the annual party that Mammaries of Orlando puts on for the birthdays of a few friends. She goes all out for the party and gets 3-4 people to cater it and spends about 2k in food and another 1k in booze with her place getting stocked better than some small store. Kiddie, VC and I headed over after work Friday and had planned to stay the night, an honor bestowed to the Tampa folks for a while now. When we arrived, there were already plenty of people mingling around. A lot of people were coming in an out throughout the evening, so it stay pretty busy. It didn't take too for us to get a game of tippy-cup going until the keg was floating. I originally thought it was a party for herself aas well as others, so besides the card, I got her a gift. Last weekend Mams was telling us how tired she was of noodles and rice since that was pretty much all they had to eat during the trip. Thinking that she might really be missing them, I got her a couple of packages of Oriental Ramen noodles. Even though she lobbed one at my head upon opening them, I think she really liked it.

The food was phenomenal with all kinds of goods being made available. There were wings, fondue, salads, cakes, beef, fruit, and so many other items. Everything was set for a great party, rocking hot tub, warm pool, etc. While the party was going, Mams had pics from her recent Asia trip playing on the big screen and would tell us various stories of things that were going on. I was still a bit tired from the heavy tailgating at the Buffet concert, but somehow I managed to stay up until 3:30AM. Even when going to bed someone yelled out, 'hey, how about a couple of shots before sleep?'. On the lights came and someone scurried off to get some glasses and nameless concoction. When we finally got up in the morning, few people were wanting to move, so the most we did for a little while were mix Bloody Mary drinks and rehash old hash stories, including ones from the evening before.

Here are some of the pictures I took of the event: http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=vnlbugz.bou49h8j&x=0&y=34d4dz

No comments: