Thursday, November 23, 2006

Trains charge those going to rock concerts, said Tom with fanfare.

Nearly on a whim today, I decided to join a couple of friends and check out the Aerosmith/Motley Crue concert at the Amphitheater at the State Fairgrounds. I had seen them in concert previously, so I wasn't about to spend much money and figured I would either get last minute tickets really cheap or not attend. fortunately, not too long after getting there I was able to find someone selling a ticket for $20, which was a good deal considering they were sold at the box office for $40. I took over the grill and cooked up some chicken and corn and had enough for the friends when they arrived. We hung out for a little while enjoying sangria and were able to get a ticket for each of them for $25, so in all, we were able to get what we needed without having to even get out of the camp chairs.

The concert itself was ok, though Aerosmith didn't play the one song I was really hoping to hear 'Don't Want to Miss a Thing'. Both bands went through a fair amount of their well known catalog. Though it was decently cold, it was clear and a pretty fun experience. My friends left early, though I decided to hang around. I've always had a problem leaving a concert, game, or other event early since I figured I might as well get my money's worth. As my standard practice now, I just hung around reading for an hour while the traffic died down instead of wasting time and gas idling in a line of cars.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you recycled your title!!! Sounds like it was fun!
bs

mblitch said...

Ouch, good point. I didn't even know anyone was keeping track of my od titles. I'll see if I can figure out a new, more witty one to use.

mblitch said...

OK, the title has been changed from "People who cough a lot never go to the doctor...just to movies, concerts, and lectures" to "Trains charge those going to rock concerts, said Tom with fanfare.". It took me a while to come up with something, but I hope everyone is happy! :)

Anonymous said...

Cheater! :-P

I was ony teasing you anyway!