Wednesday, August 12, 2009

People who cough a lot never go to the doctor...just to movies, concerts, and lectures.

I enjoyed the Dave Matthews Band show tonight. Traffic was kind of tough getting in, but I was able to make it to the venue well before the opening band started. This was my first DMB concert and I really enjoyed simply relaxing under the cool evening sky and listening to the music. I'm not much for dancing at concerts, but I absolutely loved the combo rendition of 'All Along the Watchtower' (which is about my favorite ever song and easily verified when I used to drive someone nuts by playing the DMB cover of it it all the time while on the road) and 'Stairway to Heaven'. It was well mixed as they seamlessly transitioned from one song to another. I was hoping for just that one song and was not disappointed. It started with a soft opening rift of the first bit of StH, jumped into AAtW, and then mixed them up again and again.

Here is a video of a different concert, but about the same gig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF5WH_e8JAk

This is a good video of just AAtW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yam6mrCCvD4

No comments: