Saturday, August 01, 2009

CAUTION: Do not look into laser with remaining eye.

After the picnic, I headed home to get cleaned up and was then off to meet the Tampa Adventure Group for an evening of Q-Zar. I had not played the laser tag game since I was in high school back in Charleston. I remember a summer where my buddy Matt and I even wound up in a tournament. So, for old time's sake I threw on my old play shirt and joined the other 30 adults in a team game. We had 3 games of 20 minutes each and while the group was pretty quiet before the first bout, the rest of the evening was filled with excited chatter as people shared war stories. This was one thing I enjoyed about paintball, when I last played probably over five years ago, the animated chatter and conversations that broke down to essentially being "no kidding, there I was" as any good story would start. It was as much fun as I remembered when coupled with playing with/against other acquaintances, several of whom were also signed up for the trip to Peru in December. I wish I could have had a chance to play paintball earlier this year when it was a bit more cool out and it had the opportunity to be a lot more fun, but sometimes waiting too long sees great opportunities pass by.

No comments: