Friday, January 25, 2008

Let not the sands of time get in your lunch.

I parked just outside of White Sands overnight so that I could get in first thing in the morning. Even though it is winter, deserts can get hot, so I wanted to do the hiking before it got to late in the morning. Fortunately the park was open, often shut down during nearby missile tests, and there were few people around. I did one of the long hiking trails as well as hit many of the shorter interpretive trails as well. I love the views around and the beauty of the gypsum, especially in the light of dawn. After doing a bit of Tokyo-drifting around the parking areas by locking the rear brakes and sliding sideways (horray for rental cars with full insurance), I headed out to continue the journey. these are some of my favorite pictures outside of Yellowstone and Yosemite.











No comments: