Saturday, January 26, 2008

Confucius Say: Man who jump off cliff jump to conclusion!

After leaving Las Cruces I had considered checking out the VLA (Very Large Array) however the distance was a bit too much just to look at some large radio receivers, so I headed on to the Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument. It was a really long, curvy ride to get here and I had to even stop once to move a large rock that had fallen in the road so that another vehicle would not be damaged. I've already seen several cliff dwellings in Utah and colorado, so these were not too different, but it was nice to get in the area and experience them as well as check out the area National Forest.

After that I headed over to Fort Bowie National Monument for a little while. Not much remains of this once grand frontier fort other than some foundations and remnants of a few walls, however it was on the way to another nice national monument where I could do some more hiking the next day.








No comments: