Monday, January 15, 2007

My parents used to rock me to sleep. The rocks were as big as my head.

After sleeping in, we packed up and got ready to head back to Arizona. We had a hangover hash about a hundred yards to the restaurant/bar for some last drinks and general socializing. These kinds of things tend to be my favorite experiences with everyone hanging around socializing and telling stories. I seem to have the best laughs of the weekend during these times. There was a good bit of confusion with a lot of flights since several airports were iced in due to bad weather. GBAR was dropped off at the airport, only to have to be picked up again since her flight was canceled. We ended up kidnapping her from El Paso in the RV and taking her to Tuscon where she'd have a better chance at finding another flight. The airline was eventually about to get her a new flight, so everything worked out. The ride back was pretty uneventful and quiet since I had found a book to read and was about to get through the 300 or so pages by the time we got to the end.

Just as we got into Tuscon we were met by some local hashers that would take us back the the cars. I made my goodbyes with the Phoenix friends and went to crash at Executive Spread's place for the evening after a bunch of us went to dinner with some of the locals. I had to pick up a couple of last minute items at the store and repack my gear to prepare for the trail in Saguaro National Park over the next couple of days. The weather report was fair, however it would be this night in which Tuscon had record its lowest ever temperature. Being that I would be about 3-4 thousand feet higher, I was a bit nervous, but I knew I had enough gear and food that I could handle whetever might come up. At least I had hoped so!

No comments: