Thursday, January 11, 2007

In Arizona they do not drive the speed limit...they drive the temperature.

After getting up pretty early, for me, in the morning, I loaded up my stuff and hopped on a plane to Phoenix, Arizona. I though the flight was direct since there were no connecting layovers, but apparently the plane made a stop in St. Louis first and then went on to Phoenix. I had enjoyable conversation with my seat mate and told her about hash and might have convinced her to check it out when returning home to San Diego. Womb Service in Phoenix was awesome enough to pick me up from the airport and even drove me by a couple of great spots in town. We first visited the 'Hole in the Rock' park and spent a little while climbing around for a bit before heading into town for a bit. She took me by one her her favorite bars, The Four Peaks. This was an awesome place and was a bar/brewery in one and had some great ales and lagers. Having not eaten anything all day, I was definitely glad she was driving back to the house!

After quickly taking me to a sporting goods store so that I could get the fuel I needed for the hiking, we went to her place to meet up with some of the hashers to prepare for the morning. I was able to meet her boyfriend John and Chewie (whom I got to know when we went grocery shopping). We spent the evening working on John's new bike (well I mostly spent the time watching 3IY work on it), eating some pizza, and organizing materials for the trip. In the morning we would be met up by several Phoenix hashers to begin the trip to Texas.

No comments: