Friday, July 28, 2006

Summer trip of Superlatives

Well, after 3 weeks on the road, and having visited 6 National Parks, 3 State Parks, 100+ miles hiked, driven 2200+ miles, taken 6000+ photos (though in my weak defense probably 80% were multiple exposure shots and quick actions shots to play with camera features and such), a lose of 8.5 pounds, 0 nights in a hotel, and 1 ice cream cone, I'm back from California.

This was the most amazing trip I have yet to take and was quite the adventure I sought and probably needed. I'll be calling it the 'Summer trip of Superlatives'. I have quite a few blog entries that I'll work on and upload (with pictures of course) over the next few days while I decompress and reset to the humidity, flatness, and such of Florida. I wrote most of the blog entries on the road, but really didn't have time to find a net connection and upload them.

So bare with me for a while if you can. The blogs will probably be pretty wordy, but then again I mostly blog as a personal electronic journal that I can look upon some other time and reminisce. Thanks to the well wishers and folks that thought of me and sent an email or text message. I tried to stay away from the outside world as a means to get away, but the brief periods of sweet electronic luvin were quite nice.

No comments: