Saturday, June 17, 2006

Kayaker Philosophy: I didn't roll, therefore I swam

Since I had the afternoon free after working at the house, I decided to hit Weedon Island for some kayaking. While I was hoping to be able to throw up some pictures of the mangrove tunnels, numerous herons, and other wildlife, however though I packed the camera, zoom lens, and battery, I also forgot to take the CompactFlash card out of the computer before I left the house. It was a little late in the way the tide worked out, so we only got part of the way along the trail before heading back. It is definitely a nice area to check out and would be perfect for picnicking and enjoying an evening with all the different fauna, flora, and fowl.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

You took your camera in a kayak????
You must be good... I went kayaking recently and I love taking photos but I wasn't about to lose my camera in all that water!
Two of the 12 in our group flipped... heh heh. Not me! I guess I coulda brought the camera after all...