Monday, May 11, 2009

Am I turning into a "whys guy"? The whys of it all.

I've been traveling Italy for 2 weeks and as much as I have learned, I have additional questions.

Why is it always garbage day?
Why are the sirens so loud?
Why do you have to pay to use washrooms?
Why do you have to weigh your own fruit at the supermarkets?
Why are there 5 types of plums on the shelf but only two pictures of them on the scale's chart?
Why does everyone here smoke? (Did they not get the smoking will kill you memo? and they smoke everywhere too: inside, outside, in train stations, around babies, in restaurants...and so on)
Why do I still have to spend 5 minutes haggling down a price that I know the person buying the exact thing just before me got to pay?
Why do you not need a liquor license to sell alcohol here? (Or if you do need one, why are they so easy to get)
Why do art museums sell wine inside near priceless works of art, but not outside to those having to wait in line with nothing to do for 2 hours?
Why am I always hungry?
Why is everyone trying to scam everyone here with counterfeit bags?
Why aren't there any people out there trying to make the honest buck?
Why is my hostel always a converted convent, hospital, or insane asylum?
Why are fries called chips and chips called crisps?
Why were the kiosks near the Colosseum trying to sell me Coke for 4 euro and nearly convince me it was a good deal?
Why are there thousands of people trying to sell umbrellas and other useless stuff like noise makers, light up cubes, and small camera tripods?
Why does the tour at the Colosseum cost more than the entrance fee? Are they fighting lions or where's the money going?
Why am I on the other side of the world and only able to think about one thing?
Why is it then when I see the Colosseum the first question that comes into my head is 'when am I gonna get to see Gladiator again'?
Why am I so angry all the time (answer: see questions above)?
Why are there pigeons all over the place?
Why don't they sell Fanta in Florida?
Why don't they sell Zephyrhills natural spring water in Europe?
Why, when I feel depressed, is it that thinking about taking photographs or editing my shots the only thing that cheers me up?
Why are the scooters so loud?
Seriously, why is it ALWAYS GARBAGE DAY???

No comments: