Monday, May 07, 2007

In a mad world, only greater madness succeeds.

Upon invitation I went to a concert at The State Theater in St. Pete headlining the Greyboy Allstars. I was not previously familiar with their work, but am always interested in being exposed to something new. the music consisted mostly of soul/acid jazz that had the feel of an overall jam session with few lyrics spoken throughout the evening. a highlight for me was an unexpected opening guest, Gary Jules. I was first exposed, as I assume a lot of people might have been, to his music when his cover of Tears for Fears 'Mad World' was used on an XBox commercial (previously having been used in the 'Donnie Darko' movie soundtrack). I have the 'Mad World' song playing on my MySpace profile. Overall, it was a very enjoyable evening and I'm glad to have had a chance to check out something new.

No comments: