Sunday, May 20, 2007

I'm packing it in - it depresses me.

After a week of running around, I finally get to take off for my trip. As seems to be tradition, I didn't do anything to pre-pack and spent all of Sunday trying to get things organized and figure out what clothes and such would bee need for the week long trip. I was set back quite a bit when I found the pick-up truck wiring wasn't set for a 4-plug trailer wiring. I decided not to take my Xterra since dad was planning on using it for just own camping trip and since I preferred the better gas mileage of the 4 cylinder small truck. this would be my longest road trip yet with the teardrop that I got last year. The size and mobility make it perfect for a trip like this.

Dad came by from work a bit early to help me troubleshoot the system. there were still a few bugs and a perplexing loss of voltage in one section, but I figured I had to fixed enough to be mostly-legal. I still had to pack at home and make sure that I had all of my equipment, so I was considerably later in leaving than I had hoped, in other words it was about my normal pace. I'll be driving up to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park to do some hiking before meandering my way down to Atlanta for the annual Hedon Memorial Weekend Campout.

It should be fun.

No comments: