Sunday, April 29, 2007

Good teaching is 1/4 preparation and 3/4 theater.

Although I missed the performance last year, I decided to attend the outdoor performance that American Stage puts on in St. Petersburg every year. This year it was a performance of 'Little Shop of Horrors' that most people recall from the movie with Steve Martin and Rick Moranis. The weather outside was great and getting there 90 minutes early allowed for the claim of a pretty good spot to lay out the blanket and picnic supplies.

It was a very lovely comedy and produced quite well with a limited stage. Audrey 2, as the focal point of the story, preformed quite well and stole the show. I wish I had more opportunity to visit the theater more often, but it is a pretty far drive from my home or office. Summer planning is going along well, though I still have more aspects to decide in order to make the most out of my 25 day trip.

3 comments:

Jerri said...

I wonder if anyone else notices when you recycle your blog post titles??? :-) It was a good one though.

mblitch said...

Not that any reads the blog anyway, so who would notice? :)

Jerri said...

Ummmm - I know, ME! I'm stalking you!!! :-)