Monday, April 02, 2007

Disney didn't die. He's in suspended animation.

On Monday I took the day and went to Epcot At Disney World with a friend. It has been years since I went and I figured it would be a nice way to spend the day. We fixed up plenty of sandwiches, veggies, and rum in the water bottles (for mixing drinks) to tide us over for the day and headed off relatively early (at least for me) in the morning. To save money (especially since they would charge more for the teardrop I had with me) and even check out the resorts, we usually park at one of the Disney All-Star resorts and take a bus to the theme park. Technically I'm sure Disney would frown upon this, but I don't think it is a huge issue. The park crowds were relatively light with the only decent wait (of about 25-30 minutes) being at the Mars experience ride. With the Fast Pass, we were able to enjoy the other rides without too much of a wait. We even got to do the Test Track twice in a row since the cameras didn't capture us on the first ride so they immediately set us on another loop. I was disappointed to find the Mexico boat ride temporarily closed, but am sure I'll have more opportunity in the future. After we were done for the day, we headed back to the Gaylord Palms to attend a couple of talks and even crash a few receptions for free food and even beer! I love conventions.

No comments: