Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Reality is a crutch for those unable to handle Sci-Fi

While I usually don't watch a lot of TV, there are a few shows that I have really come to enjoy. One of my favorite current series has to be 'Battlestar Galactica'. I think this is a very well written show that is more of a drama than mere sci-fi as one might expect from a old show like Start Trek. The third season will be starting on October 6th and the website is putting out a mini-episode (webisode) every Tuesday and Thursday that add a little bit to the story line going into the season premier.

If you haven't checked out the series, then get over your sci-fi-phobia and give it a try. Everyone that I've turned onto the show has become a regular watcher. If you're new to the show, go to the website (http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/) and click on 'The Story So Far' or check out the video recap (http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/storysofar/44minuterecap/). If you do know what is going on already, then go check out the webisodes each week (http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/video/webisodes/).

6 comments:

BRAE said...

But do you like Mystery Science theater 3000?

I think that is as close to a scifi show I will watch.

mblitch said...

Galactica is just Sci-Fi, though there are similar elements. there is no techno babble, aliens, extraordinary influences, or too much in terms of graphics or explosions. It is a well written series that is a drama if anything with really involved story lines.

I watch the new NBC show 'Studio 60' and really liked it. It had the same kind of pace I liked in West Wing (with several of the same actors) and looks to be another good series.

Jerri said...

Nip/Tuck.... join the madness!! Geeks.

mblitch said...

OK, I will set through 3 episodes of Nip/Tuck if you will watch the pilor mini-series movie and give it a shot.

Jerri said...

Deal.

Rafael said...

I love this show, ever since it first aired. I do admit to having had some reservations about Starbuck being a girl, but I quickly got over it when I saw the first episode/ mini series thing they had.