Saturday, September 16, 2006

Orchestras will try a new pitch to lure concertgoers.

One of my favorite old school bands is 'Hootie and the Blowfish'. I remember listening to them when growing up in Charleston, before they became more mainstream once they got to play on Letterman, at concerts such as the 96 WAVE Free Fall Jam back in '94 and even at the old Music Farm. I tried to catch them whenever they were in town back home in Charleston and even once I moved to Florida. I was able to secure a bunch of tickets to the show that they put on with 'Better Than Ezra' at the Ford Amp.

I've been working a bit on the new teardrop camper and have been adding in some wiring, a battery, some 12v lights and fans, etc. This makes a perfect little tailgate party platform for concerts and sporting events. I learned last time that after the show the traffic can be horrendous as a few thousand people try to escape by one of two exits for the fairgrounds. It was quite relaxing to simply sit back and listen to the radio or mix a couple of drinks while being cooled by the industrial fan plugged into the inverter. While I mainly got the little camper for short road trips around Florida and even some mountain hiking on extended trips, I think it will be handy for even playing around at the beach or any other small event. The rest of the weekend is spent working on local projects and trying to catch up with things in the job jar.

No comments: