Thursday, September 28, 2006

People who cough a lot never go to the doctor...just to movies, concerts, and lectures

Last night I attended the outdoor Hyde Park Concert Series for a little evening enjoyment. The temperature was quite comfortable with nary a hint of humidity, clouds, or rain. The band playing, 'Sweet Spot' was actually pretty good and it was nice to check out some of the local shops. There were a lot of people walking their dogs and I was sorry I didn't bring Kinda for a bit of exercise. I'm constantly amazed as to how small a world it can be and ran into another friend, Michele, that was there to hook up with some of her friends. Michele had recently met at a party for a mutual friend the person who was accompanying me for the evening, and when her other friends showed up I recognized a couple of them as being vaguely familiar. It turns out that they had not only had actually shown for a hash trail several months prior but also a couple of them were on various kickball teams that I played against a few seasons prior. Talking about it got me to thinking of signing up again. I saw a dodgeball night was being set up, so that might prove to be a bit of fun!

This week has been a pain in the ass since I've had to spend time fixing up on of the apartments after the tenant bailed out. There was damage pretty much everywhere in the place with writing or marker on nearly every wall, hole in a couple of doors, 3 broken kitchen drawers, missing kitchen sink drain, dirty fridge, dog stained wall board, car-rammed front support pillar, and a pretty nasty bathroom. Ahh, the joys of property management. The place is almost done with just a bit more painting needed along with the advertising and showings. Now to just go after the person that caused all this and see if water could be drawn from a rock.

No comments: