Sunday, September 24, 2006

Do wedding licenses expire?

A lot of things going on this weekend. The Naples hash had their 100th run this weekend and celebrated by setting up a weekend beach event in Ft. Myers Beach. I, and 2 other Tampa folks, drove down Friday afternoon to hang out for a quick pub crawl and to relax some on Saturday. Even that even there was a good turn out with a fairly large contingent coming in from Palm Beach, especially one awesome person whom I was interesting in meeting, with stragglers also hailing from Daytona, Gainesville, and Orlando. It was nice to see some of the hash cruisers again and meet a bunch of new folks for a fun evening.

While I would have loved to do the run Saturday, I had to get back early enough to attend a friend's wedding. Adrienne and Jesse were having a small wedding and reception on board the Starship Dining Yacht. It was a small, intimate affair and quite lovely. Since I had been playing with the camera gear for a while and itching for a project, I was asked if I would photograph the reception and dinner since the professional was only going to stay until the boat departed, just after the wedding ceremony. I figured that helping out a friend and adding to my portfolio (ok, actually being able to finally start one), would be a bit fun. After we got back, I got to hang out a bit with Adrienne's roommate (who is an aspiring volcanologist) and an old football buddy for a while at Channelside as we enjoyed a pitcher of Sangria and chatted about various adventures and hiking trips. I don't want to get into all the studying and lab work, but the trekking through the various wilderness areas doing research sounds like a bit of fun! I wonder if they need a sherpa sometime!

No comments: